The conference will not only address the concepts and lessons learned for digital success, but the importance of how data is harnessed through the IoT to develop a smart and intelligent infrastructure, as well as using it to enhance fleet management efficiency and the availability of rolling stock assets in the region.
Registration and Welcome Refreshments in the Exhibition Area
Ben Holliday | Managing Director | Rotaia Media (Organiser) & Daniel MacGregor | Co-Founder | Nexxiot (Chairman)
Organiser and the Conference Chairman’s Welcome Address
INVESTMENTS & OBJECTIVES FOR THE REGION
Michael Nahler | Head of Digital Transformation | ÖBB-Infrastruktur
ÖBB’s four steps approach to the Digital Twin of the Railway Infrastructure
- Creating a near time shadow of the digital track and assets
- Changing business processes for data input to the digital twin
- Value of use cases for the digital twin
Holger Albert | Head of Procurement Digital Infrastructure | Deutsche Bahn
Market impacts of the digitization of railway infrastructure
- How does DB digitize railway infrastructure?
- What impacts does this have on technologies and markets?
- What are Implications for the procurement infrastructure?
Maximilian Eichhorn | Vice President and Global Head, Digital Products & Services | Knorr-Bremse
IoT – Internet of Trains
- How to generate information and recommendation from sub-system data?
- How to organize the Internet of Trains across various stakeholders?
Roland Moser | Head of SBB Technology Office | SBB
The planning pyramid – Towards more capacity for alpine rails
- How do we plan the rail network today, and how should we do it in the future?
- A paradigm shift in how to prioritize rolling stock tech, smart timetabling, track layouts, ATO and infrastructure
- An example on how SBB applies the new concept for a planned project
Waqaas Rehman | Business Development Lead | InstaDeep
Transforming the Railway Industry with AI
- Plan more traffic without building more tracks and dynamically adjust to disruptions as they happen
- Applying Deep Reinforcement Learning AI to capture and solve the complexity of the network and rail operating environment
- An AI-based Capacity & Traffic management system blueprint to automate planning, scheduling and dispatching
Morning Refreshments in the Networking & Exhibition Area
DIGITALISATION & INNOVATION IN FREIGHT OPERATIONS
Sandra Bachler | Department Manager for Innovation Management | Rail Cargo Group
Innovation Management at Rail Cargo Group
- Why innovation is essential - opportunities and challenges
- Our vision for 2040+
- Outlook: next steps
Marco Pagani | Head of Asset Management | BLS Cargo
Why innovation in the railway sector needs to be more than just digitalization
- Regarding railway assets, innovation and digitalization are seldom synonyms
- Due to overregulation and lack of scale, digitalization done wrong can and will cause more harm than benefit
- Appropriately applied digitalization of railway assets can however further enable rail traffic to become more cost efficient and even greener
Technology Provider to be confirmed
Andreas Haller | Lead Architect Intelligent Freight Train & Digital Automated Coupling | DB Cargo
Full Digital Freight Train Operation enabled with the Digital Automated Coupler
- Digital Automated Coupler (DAC)
- Full Digital Freight Train Operation (FDFTO)
- Europe’s Rail Joint Undertaking (ERJU)
Patrik Lengacher | Senior Data Engineer | SBB Cargo
Shadow IT – Lifting the curtain for Digital Twin
- Paradigm Shift - Developing an asset centric application
- Digital Twin as an integral part of the data and IT infrastructure
- How can we leverage the digital twin in SBB Cargo’s future developments
Lunch in the Networking & Exhibition Area
DIGITALISATION & INNOVATION IN ROLLING STOCK OPERATIONS
Thierry Fort | Rolling Stock Division - Director of Engineering | SNCF
Maintenance 4.0: New rolling stock, new technologies, new needs!
- Telediagnostic & predictive maintenance
- Lessons learnt in SNCF
- Use case: Fleet management challenges
Technology Provider to be confirmed
Marco Caposciutti | Technical Director | Trenitalia
Experience of Trenitalia using DMMS and WPMS
- Digitalization is necessary for optimizing maintenance operations and costs
- Experiences of DMMS (Dynamic Maintenance Management System)
- Experiences of WPMS (Wheel Profile Measurement System
Israel Baron | Vice President of Customer Relations | Cervello
Leveraging Artificial Intelligence in Rail Cybersecurity to Strengthen Operational Safety
- Turning data into a powerful resource for more accurate assessments and alerts
- Utilizing context-aware security to protect mission-critical networks
- Optimizing incident response processes with operational impact analysis
Michael Trumpfheller | CTO & Head of Fleet & Train Technology | DB Regio
Digitalisation of the ECM functions
- Connecting operations data along the ECM-processes
- Organisational impact of digitalising the ECM functions
- Benefits and Learnings
Amogh Shurpali | Product Owner – Continuous Track Monitoring | Sensonic
Vibrations - Condition based maintenance and the missing puzzle
- How to create a digital twin of all vibrational patterns along a network, using one dark fibre
- Applying highly specialized algorithms to monitor minimal vibrational changes
- Translate these findings into actionable information on track condition to empower targeted and efficient maintenance
Rail Operators Panel Discussion
What can be achieved from digitising my railway operations?
- As demand for freight rail services dramatically increases, what are your challenges in supporting future growth?
- Are long standing, traditional standards and rules preventing, or at least slowing down Railways of maximising the full potential of new digital technologies which the industry has to offer?
- How are you optimising digital solutions to obtain smart data to increase the efficiency and services of your operations?
- Thierry Fort | Rolling Stock Division - Director of Engineering | SNCF
- Michael Trumpfheller | CTO / Head of Fleet and Train Technology | DB Regio
- Marco Pagnani | Head of Asset Management | BLS Cargo
- Patrik Lengacher | Senior Data Engineer | SBB Cargo
- Stefan Kalmund | CEO | Nexxiot
Afternoon Refreshments in the Networking & Exhibition Area
DIGITALISATION & INNOVATION IN RAIL INFRASTRUCTURE
Daniel Forsmann | Head of Processes & Digitalization for Infrastructure Projects | DB Netz
Digitalizing Infrastructure Project Delivery: BIM & more at DB Netz AG
- Challenges: Why digitalization is not an option, but a must-have for our infrastructure project delivery
- Status: Where do we stand with developing & implementing BIM & Co.
- Outlook: How does our vision for a digital infrastructure project delivery looks like and what do we need to do to achieve it
Florian Auer | Director of Technology | Plasser & Theurer
End-to-End Solutions for Railway Infrastructure
- Development of customer needs in regards of capacity and process-safety
- Digital Railway Solutions Alliance making complex products simple
- Holistic approach in executing End-to-End solutions
Erik Pinter | Teamleader Track Analysis | ÖBB-Infrastruktur AG
From BigData to Smart Tools for decision making
- Building a BigData platform to analyze, understand and model track condition and degradation
- Building Smart Tools to enable intelligent maintenance decisions
- Current insights and challenges
Fabio Senesi | Head of Unit - ERTMS National Plan | RFI
How to take forward the ERTMS for a modern European railway system
- ERTMS Deployment in Italy
- Advantages of ERTMS
- Tender strategy in Italy
Daniel Dötzl | Digital Transformation Lead, Infrastructure Dep | Weiner Linien
Wiener Linien’s data driven approach to manage investments in infrastructure
- Ways how Wiener Linien collect condition-based data
- The challenge to keep condition-based time series in an heterogeneous IT landscape
- How to bring condition-based information to the strategic management
Infrastructure Manager Panel Discussion
How are you embracing the latest digital technologies to help you achieve a more intelligent infrastructure?
- How important is it for Railways to collaborate with solution providers as speed of innovation and systems based on AI are now key requirements in order to solve maintenance problems?
- With the numerous digital solutions now available that collect Big Data, what are your challenges in distinguishing between the mass of data which is collected, and smart data that is useful to help you with your maintenance operations?
- It could be argued that the rail industry is regimented by standards, rather than continuous learning. What do you feel needs to change to harness the latest digital solutions available to enable the rail sector to thrive in the 21st century?
- Erik Pinter | Teamleader Track Analysis | ÖBB-Infrastruktur AG
- Daniel Dötzl | Digital Transformation Lead, Infrastructure Dep | Weiner Linien
- Roland Moser | Head of SBB Technology Office | SBB
- Daniel Forsmann | Head of Processes & Digitalization for Infrastructure Projects | DB Netz
- Florian Auer | Director of Technology | Plasser & Theurer
Chairman’s Closing Comments